Tonight, on the show:
- Informational Interviews, what are they and what do they mean?
- Mobility, why is it important in a job search?
- Social Media, the two-way road
- "The Internship" and how does the plot relate to job searching
Let's Dance - David Bowie
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
Puttin' on the Ritz - Taco
Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
Allentown - Billy Joel
Beat It - Michael Jackson
Say It Isn't So - Hall and Oates
She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby
Down Under - Men at Work
Baby Come to Me - James Ingram and Patty Austin
Quiz Answers (What is there Now):
4) Old Bag of Nails Bexley
6) Hal & Al's - 1297 Parsons Ave. (Aegean Supper Club was 1295 Parsons Ave.)
7) Barley's Grandview
8) Possibly a Panera Store will be going into the Clarmont location
9) Big Red Rooster (?) - but Engine House closed when the owners were lost at sea
10) Walgreen's (after the Kahiki was torn down)
Tonight on "The DJBC Happy Hour", a trip back in time 30 years to 1983.
Side A to this Soundtrack:
"1999" - Prince
"Rio" - Duran Duran
"Toto" - Africa
"Up Where We Belong" - Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes
"Maniac" - Michael Sembello
"New Year's Day" - U2
"Our House" - Madness
"Too Shy" - Kajagoogoo
"Electric Avenue" - Eddy Grant
"Uptown Girl" - Billy Joel
"Bang the Drum All Day" - Todd Rundgren
"Time (Clock of the Heart)" - Culture Club
Tonight on the show, Schmoozing is discussed. What is it exactly, and why is it (plus making a connection) important in networking? Also, "The Kevin Bacon Experience". What is it exactly (and why is Kevin Bacon so popular)?
Tonight on the show, a look back at the last 12 months of the show with the Best of the show talking about Networking, talking about Politics, talking about Sports, talking about Columbus's Bicentennial, and talking with Biff and Raff.
KEY EVENTS mentioned in tonight's how:
- Volunteer UA Expo (Wednesday from 10-8PM; Upper Arlington Main Library on Tremont Rd., opposite the Tremont Center)
- Earth Day Columbus (Worksites- Saturday & Sunday and Celebration on April 27; http://earthdaycolumbus.org)
- Harmony Project Volunteer Week (April 21-27 along Livingston Avenue Streetcar District corridor between Parsons & Nelson; http://www.harmonyproject.com)
- Ohio Young Professionals Weekend (April 26 @ Gateway Film Center & April 27 starting at Columbus Commons; Multi-Group Mixer also April 26, but @ Kildare's Irish Pub at South Campus Gateway; http://www.ohioyoungprofessionalsweekend.com)
In an extended version of "Networking 102.1", the elevator pitch is examined. We also get an introduction of schmoozing. In bonus material, LinkedIn profiles are examined, and Tuesdays at 2 is discussed.